Thread: Transpalnt Date
View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 15, 2016, 05:11 PM

I guess what I had would also be called RISC although we used different chemo drugs - what is TBI - I though it was total body irradiation but maybe I'm wrong - I didn't have any radiation...

I was walking the halls through the chemo and I think the transplant - until my neutrophils dropped and i was isolated to the room. After a brief stint in intensive care from an infection I was isolated again on the transplant unit - during that time I was out of bed and trying to move around as much as possible in the small space - when my neutrophils finally rose above 1 they let me out of the room and I was walking the halls again - listening to music through headphones and very excited to be walking - I was up to five miles a day (with Bailie as inspiration) - when they finally let me out after 5 weeks. I was told there were others on the floor who were much more tired and barely got out of bed - sounds like you will be up and about - going for the five mile challenge as soon as possible!

Best,
Paul
Lower risk MDS diagnosed 2012. Recurring skin nodules treated with prednisone, otherwise watch and wait. HG dropped from 11.5 to 8.7. Kept going down to 5. Vidaza didn't work. BMT from MUD on September 10 2015