View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 15, 2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
Hi folks,
I finished my first treatment with ATG (horse) two weeks ago and had many side effects in the hospital and took 6 days and 12 hour infusions to tolerate ATG. I had been on Cyclosporin for a month or two before the ATG but had bad tremor and tingling mouth so doctor changed it to Prograf. It worked great and the tremor stopped within 24 hours but now I have an unexplained red rash over half of my body that hasn't responded to anything. I was on two IV antibiotics but they have now stopped and I still have the rash. Has anyone had any similar reaction. I'd really hate to go back to the Cyclosporin as I couldn't write or operate the mouse on the computer because of the tremor.
Also-- I'm completely transfusion dependent now and that's scary. How long have others had to wait to see some increased bone marrow activity after ATG?
Thanks so much
Fylguy
When I got ATG, I developed serum sickness... I got huge red spots and rash all over my body... even on the soles of my feet. I had to go back in the hospital and get IV steroids to get rid of it. I also got severe joint pain... couldn't raise my arms and even had trouble opening my mouth due to jaw pain. Don't know if that has anything to do with what you have or not....
JEZ, 50s, diagnosed AA Dec 2006, ATG one time, serum sickness resolved / took cyclosporine (Neoral) with delayed response but now with good labs/ recent kidney toxicity, so off of cyclosporine now and trying generic Imuran