Thread: Ferritin
View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 1, 2014, 02:11 PM

Ferritin

Hi Birgitta-A,

Yea 100% different.

Actually I am from Malaysia not from India. I agreed that most/all of the thalassemia patients in Malaysia are using thalapump 20 as in Malaysia GEneral Hospital, this is the most commonly use pump. We don't have much option here.
I hope this pump can be used for MDS patient as well.

Thanks for the info on how to check the iron in liver n heart. Good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birgitta-A View Post
Hi Teo!
Interesting with the "thalapump 20". It looks very different from my own home pump, that looks like a lemon and is carried in a pouch round the waist. I don't administrate anything but have to keep it out of water when taking a shower. http://www.iflo.com/prod_homepump.php

In India you have Thalassemia and I suppose a lot of experiece of iron chelation - "thalapump 20" can function very well.

To examine iron in the liver and the heart doctors use MRI. Hopefully your mother's liver and heart function OK. Remember that we manage well with one third of the liver.
Good luck!
Kind regards
Birgitta-A
Teo, son to Goh, age 71 dx mightbe MDS with low HB & RBC Jan 2012; FE 7755 on Nov 2014 - 6*500mg ferriprox; BT every month since Feb 2012; BMB done July 2013 - no conclusive evidence of MDS or PRCA; EPO stopped Nov 2013; Danazol 200mg*2 starts Nov 2013 + cyclosporine 25mg*4 starts June 2015