View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 6, 2016, 04:09 AM

Data,

I do recall seeing a study that Bailie was referencing that showed a response rate of up to 70% when Vidaza was used in conjunction with Revlimid in RAEB - 2 patients.

Revlimid trials in non-5q patients have had overall improvement in 25-30% of participants, with almost all of the success coming from patients that fell in the intermediate and lower risk categories - almost no positive response in high-risk patients without the -5q.

All of this from memory, so I wouldn't quote it as gospel, but I believe my memory to be correct here.

Also, I was curious as to what additional information they were trying to obtain by having a more accurate chimerism test. It seems like you are pretty much 100% donor, or you are not, and you are either trending toward it or away from it, so what is the benefit of knowing down to a more precise percentage? When I have seen other members post a chimerism that was falling or rising, it was usually pretty precipitous in decline, and firmly upward when rising.

Good luck on the trial and keep us posted on your progress.
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.