View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 7, 2016, 06:10 PM

Paul,

when I relapsed, the report said that all cells appeared normal, but I had 1 of the cells analyzed with multiple cytogenetic abnormalities - i think 4. I went through 6 cycles of vidaza and 6 cycles of rituxan simultaneously. I am about 1.5 years out since ending the vidaza and have almost normal counts. When I was relapsing, my counts were low across the board and i had gvhd pretty bad.

Some of the others that I have seen relapse experienced a slow relapse and others had sudden blast crisis, so I think it is hard to say. With the small % of abnormal cells you have, I would hope that it is more of a blip or something that is readily treatable. In my case, i was still 100% donor cells, so that may be a difference of importance.

Dan
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.