View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 22, 2018, 11:20 PM

I wanted to let you know that I am sorry for all of the health issues you have encountered to date, but I think that the line you have a question about is actually ok news at this time.

CORE BIOPSY: Histologic sections of the core biopsy demonstrate a cellular bone marrow demonstrating features of maturing trilineage hematopoiesis.

All that this is saying is that in the core of your bone marrow, your bone marrow is showing normal blood cell production across white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets, thus trilineage. Hematopoiesis is just a fancy way of saying blood production. Cellular marrow is a bit of a generic term here and seems to indicate normal density of your bone marrow for your age, otherwise it would probably say hypo-cellular (not dense enough) or hyper-cellular (too dense).

Bone marrow issues are complex, and I think that a large part of the report is missing, so I don't think that you want to draw too many conclusions from this one excerpt. As always, ask as many questions as you can from your doctors so that they can help you through.
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.

Last edited by Neil Cuadra : Mon Sep 3, 2018 at 11:42 PM.