Thread: Magnesium Tips?
View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 9, 2014, 06:07 PM

Try magnesium citrate

Hi hopeful

I have had a huge struggle keeping my magnesium levels up due to my tacrolimus intake. I had to go to the hospital every week to get IV magnesium.

The hospital recomended some magnesiumtablets containing magnesium oxide, which I ate for a couple of months. However, they didn't help me at all, and I started a more scientific approach to my problems.

After searching pubmed.org for a couple of hours, I found out that magnesium oxide has a bioavailability of only 4%!!

A much better complex is magnesium citrate. I don't recall the bioavailability, but it was many times better than oxide.

So I found some magnesium citrate on the internet (couldn't find antydning in my country), and ordered it home for testing. And amazingly it works very well! I now have a magnesium level in my blood that is within normal range, even though i take the same amount of tacrolimus as usual.

So I would recomend to try and get some magnesium citrate. And if you do, please let us know if it works for you.

Best of luck
/Rasmus

(Sorry for spelling errors... Autocorrect is set to Danish )
33 y.o. male. Diagnosed with AA february 2013 - h-ATG + cyclosporin. Almost complete recovery but relapse after two months. Diagnosed with hypo-MDS monosomy 7 june 2013. MUD BMT september 2013. Another relapse to AML dec 2014 followed by flag-ida induction chemo and RIC BMT.