View Single Post
Old Mon May 16, 2016, 08:05 PM

Herbs, Supplements, Homeopathics

Hi,

Looking around at some of the threads, I see that there are many posts about complementary and traditional remedies targeted at our diagnoses.

There are many tonic herbs, basic supplements, and possibly helpful homeopathics for just getting through the day and taking care of the rest of our bodies. And, many are gentle and non-toxic (unless maybe we have sensitivities.)

Peppermint tea and similar for our bellies. A little extra B-vits, as a complete multivit, for stress and general health. Eleuthero is a possible tonic herb without the extreme energy of a panax ginseng. Vitamin D (and a Vit D lab periodically) is just plain helpful - so said one of my heme/oncs ("but don't tell anyone that I told you so. I started taking large doses of Vit D and many of my aches and pains went away. . .") She wanted to write me a prescription and I said that I had my own vendor. She said, Oh, but you have to be careful . . .

If you look at the quality control documents of a good supp/herb company, you can look for their statements that they have 3rd party quality control auditors - more than one usually. And, they give the names of those 3rd party companies. For an example, you can go to pureencaps.com or Thorne Supps and look at their QA/QC. Or, look at Mountain Rose Herbs and their QA/QC. Someone mentioned Gaia and they seem to have a robust QA/QC.

There are homeopathics for sinusitis. Some work for me, some don't. I don't re-buy the ones that don't work but I do buy again the ones that do.

Keep a notebook of what works, for what, and when it worked or didn't.

Someone also mentioned the Sloan-Kettering Complementary website - this is great to look up contraindications, safety, and level of evidence.