View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 21, 2011, 12:09 PM

Revlimid, Danazol and Me!

Hi folks~
Just found out that I have been approved for Revlimid! Hooray! I hope to be one of the exceptions where it works without the 5q-....It would be so wonderful to be transfusion independent!!!!!!!

I've been on Danazol (male hormone) for a week--no noticable side effects yet...it is supposed to boost platelets.

Still running this crazy fever, and night sweats. It amazes me that the ONLY time I sweat is when I am asleep. For example, I can sit on the couch for 6 hours watching tv and not perspire a bit. Fall asleep, and I wake up soaking wet!

Last week my white count was .1... no where to go but up!

I am on Bactrim 3xweek, and Valtrex daily--Exjade on hold for a month.
Needing red blood more often lately....

Feeling tired but I think it's from the fever--it's like driving with your emergency brake on!

The roller coaster continues! But I just celebrated my 2 year anniversay of being diagnosed with AML!
For the first year, I was convinced I was a week away from death.
Now, I feel that I live with a pesky disease, but my demise it not imminent!

That's the latest!
Hope everyone is having a good week!
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly