View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 30, 2011, 11:46 AM

Hey all --I need your help!
At the risk of seeming totally uninformed ,(or incredibly forgetful) I have to ask about Revlimid....I'm still not clear on how it works...and how long it may take....I have tried to research on this site, but honestly, with my Hgb so low, I have had trouble concentrating.....if you can point me to some links, or just give me the short version, I would be very appreciative!

Initially, I took 5 mg, Revlimid, every other day, for a week and my #'s plummeted. (hg 6.1!)

Stopped Revlimid over the Thanksgiving holiday, as it would have been virtually impossible to get a transfusion if I needed it. (So, of course, I threw caution to the wind and went camping!

But with my WBC under 1 (even with Neupogen daily) and low HGB, I wonder if I can even tolerate Revlimid at all. It just seemed like the next move......

It seems that the Danazol has had a positive effect on my platelets, without side effects of a beard or anything else noticable.
I am still really fatigued, despite having a transfusion yesterday. I am on Exjade, Danazol, Vancomycin, Bactrim, Voriconazol, and finishing up another round of Levaquin.
Night sweats are killer; temp is in normal ranges.....
Your thoughts are welcomed! Thanks......
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly