View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 13, 2008, 11:56 PM

Angry Waiting for diagnosis...please help

I have been researching online while I await my appointment with a hematologist. Approximately, 1.5 months ago I developed severe ulcers in my mouth followed by red spots on my eyelids. Now having severe dizzyness and cramps, etc. I am 36 years old and otherwise in great health. Routine labs showed WBC at 2400, then 2100 10 days later. Platelets at 108,000 and then 101,000. My first appointment with a hematologist is on Wednesday 12/17 at Texas Oncology in Waco, TX. If anyone here knows Dr. Anderson, I would love to get your opinion on him. Really scared at the thought of not seeing my daughter (4) grow up. My MD said that the possible diagnosis is AA but my wife Kristi and I are not convinced that he knows what he is talking about. Since he only looked at my CBC, no smears or BMB completed, I think I fit more into the MDS diagnosis than AA. One last question: Does anyone know the current statistics on a BMT for someone my age? I know that I don't have a "for sure" diagnosis at this point, but with 2 weeks of intense research behind me, I am feeling pretty certain that this is what I have. Any response will be greatly appreciated. I have read the posts in this forum and God bless you all in your struggles.

Paul