Thread: Mds to aml
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 7, 2016, 09:58 AM

Mds to aml

Hello. Hubby has been in hospital since Sunday. Took him to emergency room. Turns out he has sepsis. Thankfully it's responding to antibiotics. We were supposed to start Vidazia injections this week due to blasts being noted in his blood test 17%. Bmb biopsy done shows mds is moving toward aml blasts 15 - 20% in marrow now with moderate fibrosis - bmb last done in September did not mention fibrosis at all. Is that a negative prognostic factor? While treating him for sepsis they also started infusions of decogen he finished his 9th infusion last night. I'm supposed to be able to bring him home today. The blast count in his blood is already down to 6% I was under the impression that we could do a dli infusion when it got down to 5% (he had graph failure last year). But his dr just emailed me and said that dli is not an option right now and we had to see how he responded to this "intervention". Choice of word baffles me a little. We go to Ron paquette who is pretty well known in the mds world so I do trust him. However he is leaving ucla in February so I'm stressing out about who will be directing his care now??? Things feel like they are careening out of control. Does decogen work faster than Vidazia? Any experience with one over the other ?