Thread: Mds to aml
View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 8, 2016, 08:47 AM

Mds / aml. Palliative versus aggressive treatment

I realize it's an individual decision but I have to wonder which is best for quality of life. My hubby is very heavily treated hence the reason he has treatment related bone marrow failure. He has +8 in all cells (as of bmb in September still waiting for genetic to come back for bmb last week). Since he lost his graph in August plans were to do dli but we had to wait until he was feeling stronger (dealt with shingles and salmonella poisoning) plus and insurance change. We decided to do at beginning of year but all that ended up doing was giving him time to get closer and closer to aml. So they say no dli not sure if he meant ever I know he said we have to see how he responds to decogen. With my husband he's notorious for responding initially then failing. He's tired plain and simple but he's only 52 but looks and feels like he's in his 80's. We've talk a little but it's an uncomfortable discussion no one wants to admit they've had enough especially since we have kids at home still. He wants to be here for his kids I get that but he's "here" but he's not "here" if u know what I mean which is also very hard on our kids (they are 16, 15 and 12). I guess I'm just tired of all this too this cancer journey started 10 years ago and it's been our live for that long