Thread: Rabbit ALG
View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 22, 2008, 02:11 PM

Rabbit ALG

Hi everyone:

Soon I'll be going for a rabbit ALG treatment. I had the horse ATG 10 years ago and I had a really bad case of serum sickness. The joint pains lasted for years. My platelet counts only went up to 40 but the red cells and white went to normal for 1 year, then I had to get transfusion again, but only 1 to 2 times a year. Now I have a transfusion every month when my counts go to 6. Now my platelets are between 4-8. I'm very anxious about the treatment because I had such a bad experience last time, but I can't go on like this anymore. I try to stay upbeat but it's hard sometimes and I get depressed. My brother and sister were not a match for a BMT.
The problem is that I look good, I don't look sick at all. But I'm so tired and everything I do takes me so long. The last few years I have become extremely sensitive to chemicals, perfumes, medicines, etc., and I get itching, rashes, and my tongue will swell if I breath in something. I have gone to many allergists to no avail then the meds they give cause a reaction.
I was wondering if anyone else has these problems. Any help would be great !! Lynn