View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 16, 2014, 09:16 AM

You would probably get more replies on the AA bit - but I had ATG - Rabbit - 3 years ago. Nothing major for me luckily, had flu like symptoms on the first evening which they managed with paracetomol and anti histamines. Then I got a rash starting on the top of the body and over a week moved down to my feet - quite funny to watch its progression out of my body!. Got jaw ached one day, so that i couldn't eat my cornflakes, most put out, but we got through that by laughing lots as for once in my life I had to shut up, a few aches and pains in shoulders. Then pee the colour of stewed tea, and that was it really - all manageable - take it at a daily pace - get lots of sleep - you will anyway with the anti histamine they give you between transfusions. I am now 3 years in from diagnosis, living life to the max, slowly weaning off cyclosporin, which comes with its own side effects, but again manageable. Now eating very healthily and drinking alcohol to a minimum (2 red wines my max). Lots of fresh air and drinking loads of water. xxxx