View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 14, 2015, 10:44 PM

Angeles hospital

Hi Cheryl,

I received news today from the Angeles hospital that they would not accept me as a patient. The reason is they honestly don't feel that their program of immunotherapy would help. Dr. Perez was clear, there is no cure for MDS and it is difficult to find the right treatment. Sad, but happy they were so honest with me.

So....onward to am not sure right now. Heading for a second transfusion early next week and then a meeting with my haematologist. Have a few more questions re Vidaza and then based on that info will make a decision whether to move ahead with the drug.

In the meantime, am going to order some Shark Liver Oil for overall health & well being but also see from former posts tis potentially good for increasing platelets perhaps?!

Am going to be moving into juicing and wheatgrass shots also as my digestive system seems to suffer as my haemoglobin drops. Strange.

Still coming to terms with MDS in my body and my life. Yoga and meditation are my pillars at the moment, but the most important is the love of my partner and sweet family and friends.

Happy for any comments or suggestions from folk on this forum.

Cheers Carole

Diagnosed Dec. 2014 MDS-RCMD Less than 2% blasts
No drugs as yet - stable.