View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 28, 2012, 12:14 PM

Knock....I feel your anxiety, it was the same with my husband last year, after the first round of Vidaza....4-5 units of packed red cells and 8 of plts...then the counts started to come back up.
After the 2nd set of Vidaza the counts went down again but only needed 2 units of packed cells.
Fever often happened after the 2nd trans of the packed cells. One tylenol and the fever came down.
After 9 sets of Vidaza and being trans. free for almost 6 months it did stop working, he was off Vidaza for 4 months and he started it again this month, and he has had 3 units of packed cells this week and 4 plts.
He is in the exact same place with counts as he was last year, but we do not have the same fear as last year...as we say the new normal.
The Dr.'s will not let your husband go home and not be safe for the week-end.
I totally understand how frightened you are, as has everyone on this forum has been in the same place at one time or another.
I would love to tell you everthing is going to be fine, Vidaza is a drug and acts very differently on each person. This is only our experience with the drug.
I wish you the best