Thread: Keeping Faith
View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 15, 2013, 04:06 AM

Long Time Responders After ATG

Every time I speak to the doctor she tells me that my counts have been low and she tells me that she thinks I should get a bone marrow transplant. I go to a local hospital here in Staten Island. I told her that the Dr. at Sloan looked at my neutrophils and counts when I just finished the ATG. She said that she has been talking to her and they feel my counts are low. I told her that it only has been 4.5 months and that I wanted to wait for the ATG treatment to work. I don't feel that she is hopeful at all. I spoke to my primary and said that I did not want a bone marrow transplant and wanted to wait the 6 months. I also told him that my platelets increased since the 25th. of last month. I think that is a good sign. I was so low on hemoglobin and blood that I fainted with my bags as I went to get meds and groceries. I was dizzy and I couldn't walk anymore. I was in great shape before this. I feel frustrated. My primary said that he thinks I have hope and that I will be OK because my neutrophil counts have increased. I also have started to take a pill to stop my bleeding because my menstrual is horrible and I was bleeding to death along with blood gushing out of my mouth. I do hope that my counts will increase or stabilize more now that I have taken this pill. Anyway your response gave me hope and meant so much to me. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdavi71416 View Post
SAA stinks. My platelets started increasing at about 4.5 months. The change from 7 to 14 is a reasonable sign. My platelets increased only 1-2 units for several months. It was October by the time my platelets were above 20 and I was able to go off the Aminocaproic acid. My platelets are now at 133. Just remember it is a marathon. You can probably find many post on this forum where people have not responded for a long time. Good luck and God bless.