View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 9, 2008, 09:43 AM

very painful BMB

I am glad to see this topic discussed. When my hemotologist told me he needed a BMB five years ago when my myelodysplasia was discovered, I insisted on sedation. He couldn't do this in the North Texas Cancer Center where he has his office; therefore he sent me to a hospital outpatient unit in another city. I thought this odd. A few years ago, I went to another doctor in Dallas for a second opinion just because I thought it prudent. He wanted a BMB before he could give me an opinion. He wanted to do it with just a local, right then, immediately, in his office. I declined. My regular hemotologist has not done another BMB since the one he did five years ago; I feel that his hesitancy to do another one comes from my insistence for sedation for this procedure. I would hate to think that he wants to do it in house only because of the revenue it generates for the clinic where he works, so he doesn't want to send me somewhere else. If so, why don't they have someone who can administer sedation in house?