Hello everyone- Has anyone acquired aplastic anemia during pregnancy? Some background on me; I used IVF to conceive my baby. I was diagnosed with aplastic anemia during the second trimester of my pregnancy. Not sure what the trigger for this is because:
- Every year my during my annual physicals, my main line cell counts were all normal.
- No one in my family has had this condition.
- I have never had cancer or been treated for cancer.
- I was never exposed to toxic chemicals like pesticides or benzene.
- I have never taken any drugs like chloramphenicol or drugs for rheumatoid arthritis.
- I have never had these serious viruses: Dengue fever, Hepatitis, Epstein-Barr, Cytomegalovirus, Parvovirus B19 and HIV.
- Itís not Myelodysplastic Syndrome or ITP, (hematologist tested for this).
I was told early on that it should resolve after I delivered. I ended up developing pre-eclampsia and had to deliver my baby early via C-section at 35 weeks. Unfortunately, itís been a month and a half and it has not resolved. Has anyone experienced this before? If anyone has, how long did it take your body to heal for it to disappear? Did you take anything to help raise your platelet and red blood cell count levels? Iíve been taking papaya leaf extract for the last two weeks with no positive results so far. (This is what Iím taking):
Iím depressed and losing hope because my hematologist keeps pushing for a bone marrow transplant but I feel that itís an extreme option. Could aplastic anemia acquired through pregnancy be triggered by out of balance hormones?? Has anyone had any luck with Promacta?