View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 7, 2011, 07:50 AM

Yes, it's very confusing. It makes it difficult to really get your hands around the efficacy of treatments because they don't always explain the terms by which they measure success or failure of a treatment.

I don't know about most people, but when you're first learning about this disease and the treatment options, I have a bit of selective hearing. Either they're not clear, or I hear want I want to hear. It's probably a combination of things. But most doctors do not fully explain the variations in outcomes. Partial response (with/without the need for transfusions), full response (with meds/without meds), complete remission (with meds/without meds).

And yes, you can live with those counts. Not ideal but livable. I'm a bit surprised that the ANC is so low and platelets so high for that criteria. Especially since platelets can be really stubborn in coming back.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.

Last edited by Marlene : Tue Jun 7, 2011 at 09:51 AM.