View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 18, 2012, 02:58 PM

MCV and RDW dropped,, is this a good sign

Hi I have been on alternative therapy for AA for a while now, because I took the chemo the first time and I relapsed. I have had AA for 1 year this time around. So far my hemoglobin, platelets, and WBC have stayed basically the same all year,,,, but I have noticed that my MCV dropped from 101 to 94.8,,,, also my RDW dropped from 25 to 18.7.... I don't know how long this has been going on because I haven't asked for those levels lately..... I usually only ask for hemoglobin, hematocrit, lymphocytes, nuetrophils, and platelets,,, but I did notice a couple months ago that my RDW dropped from 25 to 21-22ish..... but my MCV was still around 100 at that time...... Now they have both dropped even more..... So is this good news or not a big deal?

Other levels in case you are curious.... platelets holding steady between 10-15 for 7 months no transfusions for 7 months.
Hemoglobin I let it drop to 7.0 before I transfuse and It usually takes 5-6 weeks to drop that low.
Lymphocytes range from 70-80%.
Nuetrophils 15-25%
WBC 3.0
Levels have been about like this for over 1 year now, except now my RDW and MCV suddenly dropped only recently,,, before it they were stable in the above stated ranges for most of the year.
I haven't had a blood transfusion for 4 weeks,,, so i think the drops are my real levels,,, not affected by the blood transfusions.

Last edited by glitterandlace : Thu Oct 18, 2012 at 03:43 PM.