Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 16, 2018, 08:40 PM

Hi, I was diagnosed with MDS back in July after what seemed like a small boil on my side turned into a huge lesion. Went to hospital to get antibiotics and ended up staying for 7 days. WBC 0.6 PLT 90 RBC was low HGB was low and I was anemic. BMB confirmed MDS/low risk/currently watch and wait. No blasts. My WBC has been fluctuating between 1.5 and 2.1 since September. Plt between 98 and 137 HGB is good now at 12.6 and RBC is 4.34. My Dr. has been trying to get me to take the nuepogen but I refuse right now. My ANC is around a 1000 right now. If it goes 5 or below I will take it. He gets red in the face when I refuse. He's a bully in my opinion. I took the shots back in Oct. and it did not raise the counts that much plus the shots made me very sick with high fever, chills and muscle aches. Anyway I have been doing a lot of reading and decided to Start taking Shark liver oil and also Myrrh essential oil along with COq10. I started taking this 2 weeks ago and my WBC jumped to 2.5 from 1.8 and my PLT went from 137 to 150 (normal). Highest ever since I was diagnosed. I will be interested to see the results when I go back in 3 weeks but these numbers really shocked me today. Also ANC went from 700 to 1000. I know this is not a cure but If I can keep it stable for a little while I will be happy. This disease is very scary. Prayers to everyone with this disease.

Brenda