View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 18, 2011, 07:11 AM

Big Yellow Taxi

Hey Karen!

I'm starting to have some fun with your blog songs (yeah, I know, it only takes me about 18 months to catch on to anything).

I knew that Joni wrote it, of course (and I still like her version best. There is no one who has ever been able to touch her fantastic idiosyncratic phrasing). But I also had this version by Dylan running around in my head. I figured it was on Planet Waves (very strange album), but discovered it was on this 1973 compilation called "Dylan," which I haven't heard in years because I have on vinyl (And which I think I have confused with Planet Waves). If I ever have a transplant, I'm going to disinfect my LPs and haul them all with me to the hospital with a USB turntable and convert all that stuff to bits and bytes so I can listen to it again.

And, now iTunes tells me the Counting Crows have cut a version, which I am going to go listen to now.

I'm glad your counts are holding up there. If I do wind up in the transplant ward, you are one of my inspirations. (Though I hope not to replicate the mouth and taste issues, even though I lived on Carnation Instant Breakfast as a kid -- hey! Maybe THAT's what caused this MDS!)

Take care!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com