View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 18, 2011, 06:22 PM

Hi Greg~
I was hoping that you were going to be on the boards today, but sorry to hear about your numbers. You are so encouraging and inspiring and I want you to get a break! Mine #'s dropped as well and I'm more confused than ever......could that one dose of steriods (dexamethasone) that I took as premeds for the clinical trial that never happened, have boosted my #'s for a week? How to you make sense of how and why your #'s fluctuate so much?

Still no transfusion this week, but most likely next...wbc 1.5, hg 8.5, Pl 34.....so what the heck, I'm going back and camping in the rain some more....

What I find the most wearing is the Russian Roulette sensation, every day. And yet some people are much worse off than I am. Frustrating...

As always, hang in there....I am hoping and praying that your BMB comes back clean as a whistle and that your blood donor sparks something good in your marrow!

Hey, you never know
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly