View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 23, 2014, 08:29 PM

Angry Help with ATG/cyclosporine side effects

Hi all. I was finally diagnosed with SAA in December 2013 and just recently went through my first ATG treatment January 7, 2014. I am about 2 weeks and 2 days out and I am feeling pretty cruddy. I just wanted to check with others who have gone through this to see what their experiences were. I am currently taking 100 mg of Cyclosporine 2 x per day, 40 mg Prednisone, Cipro, Diflucan, Provera(to stop menstrual cycle), Valcyclovir, Protonix(acid reflux), magnesium, BP meds, and tylenol and benadryl as needed. My RBC's and WBC's, and ANC are coming up slowly. Still requiring transfusions of platelets and RBC's approximately 1x week. The problem is, I feel like I am feeling worse instead of better each day. I have absolutely no energy. Can't walk up my stairs without stopping in the middle, feel dizzy and fuzzy headed most of the day. I can't sleep because about 1.5 hours after taking my cyclosporine I have terrible burning in my stomach and chest, hot flashes, sweating, headache, pounding heart. I also have tingling in my hands and feet and my temperature sensation is off. My question is, Is this normal for 2 weeks out? How long will it last? Any suggestions on how to manage/deal with these terrible side effects?

Chandra, 40 year old mother of 2 girls, DX SAA Dec 2013, ATG Jan 2014

Last edited by Chandra4intx : Thu Jan 23, 2014 at 10:03 PM.