View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 24, 2014, 10:07 AM

I don't know if my answer might be of any help but my brother felt the same way after his ATG in September- though he didn't take so much prednisone if I remember well.
The shortness of breath while walking up the stairs gradually stopped as his RBC rose and became close to normal. He has less headache and does not really feel dizzy anymore. The stomach and bowels problems are gone.
He stayed in hospital for 5 weeks and got out when his blood counts were rising, so it didn't last very long at home.
Other problems like the tingling in his hands and feet, the swelling of the gums went slowly away as he got used to cyclosporin. He is still tired and has to rest in the afternoon, which he never did before.
What remains is terrible joint pain, especially in the knees. He went to see the hematologist yesterday who told him that he didn't know how long the pain would last, and if it would go away at all. It may be residual, he explained, from the ATG treatment, even 5 months later. He gave him a small dose of prednisone to see if it helps.
So, it seems that most of your problems are normal 2 weeks post ATG and many will soon go away. But some problems might remain, who can be really annoying. I hope it won't be the case with you!
And the most important of all is that your counts are rising.