View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 25, 2014, 02:19 PM

Thank you all so much for your replies! I am having a much better day today. I finally slept last night which was a huge relief! And I feel that my body may be getting a bit more used to the cyclosporine. I definitely agree that exercise plays a huge role. Even though I have had NO energy for it, I have at least tried to walk each day and do about 30 minutes of gentle yoga. The breathing helps me tremendously with my anxiety as well. Drinking a lot of water seems to make a difference too. I can't wait to get off of the steroids, but as with this whole thing, I am just going to have to be patient. It is so nice to have a sounding board to talk with others going through such a rare disease! It makes one feel not so alone! KMac, it is great to hear you are getting back to a normal active life!

I have a question. I have noticed that with a lot of people who post on here, they don't have improvement in numbers sometimes until 2 years post ATG. Or they will do several rounds of ATG. Is this because they do not have a related bone marrow match to do SCT? My doctor is saying that if we don't see vast improvement within 3 months we will probably think about moving towards SCT. My sister is a match. What are your thoughts?