View Single Post
Old Wed May 23, 2012, 09:38 PM

Dan - Thanks so much for your encouraging words.

Sally - We so appreciate all the info you have provided and this last one we will certainly do. I'm already getting apprehensive about the time and being sure we get to NIH by 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning, June 5th. We are flying in on Monday and not renting a car. From what I've seen so far, the shuttle doesn't run early enough to get us there on time, so we will probably just catch a cab this first time. We are staying at Hyatt Regency Bethesda and there is conflicting info online as to how far that is from NIH. Of course this first trip is going to be a learning experience and we are just hoping that we will be coming back again and again and again. Barbara said it would be a couple of weeks after the bone marrow biopsy before we would know if he will be able to participate in the trial.
As I've mentioned before, my husband is the "ostrich" patient, who buries his head as if nothing is wrong. So I had a bit of a pity party today as it is all so overwhelming. And I'm thinking to myself, what if I make the wrong decision, what if, what if, what if ....
I know I need to have more faith, and I'm trying, but today has been rough. Of course getting the packet of papers from Barbara with all the consent forms today didn't help a lot.
I will keep in touch with you and please don't hesitate to offer any suggestions. I welcome any and all the help I can get.
Best regards to all,
Linda
Linda, Al's wife, 75; dx MDS 5/2010; Vidaza 6/2010; ARRY614 & Sapacitabine clinical trials at Emory, no results, stopped 12/2011. Had BMB at NIH on 6/5/12, blasts 10-15% so he's not eligible for trial there. :eek Promacta trial, Tampa, blasts 25-30% 8/17/12 AML, trying Dacogen now and praying.