View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 4, 2016, 05:21 PM

Smile My journey has begun

Well I was admitted on 29 March, 2016. I had 5 days of Cytarabine (AKA ARA-C) (100 mg/m2) and one day of Cytoxan (4,060 mg over 2 hours) (AKA Cyclophosphamide) and one more day to go (starts tonight at 6:00 PM). So far my side effects have been minimal. I had a little dizziness when they started the Cytoxan but that went away. Tuesday, the 5th, will be a day of detox to let all the chemo clear out of my body and then on Wednesday, the 6th, I have one fraction of TBI (5.5 Gray) and the stem cell infusion. My donor is a 21 year old male with blood type O-Negative (I am O-Positive). The Rh factor isn’t a concern and I have been told it may not even change my factor. The only thing they don’t do well here is dietary. I would suggest the cooks go work for an Army unit somewhere, preferable one of our enemies’ Army. The Doctors, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Patient Care Associates, and other hospital staff have all done an amazing job in my opinion. The Doctors, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, and Nurses have all cautioned me that thing are not likely to continue so well after the infusion is done and GVHD rears its ugly head. I did bring my laptop and some reading material so I have been able to stay busy for the most part. Time marches on. . .

Last edited by Data : Mon Apr 4, 2016 at 06:34 PM.