View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 7, 2016, 11:56 AM

Smile Chapter 2

The last chemo (Cytoxan) finished on Monday and I had the TBI Wednesday as well as the transplant. Everything was pretty much a non-event. The TBI was a little uncomfortable because they taped you in this seat that looked like a bicycle seat and you had to be very still. It didn’t cause any discomfort other than that. I have had a little nausea and diarrhea and the docs and PAs say that will get worse before it gets better. I love good news. My counts are heading south as expected. I received platelets last night and by the way my hemoglobin and hematocrit are going I will likely get blood tonight. So far it has been largely uneventful. I hope that keeps up. My nurse that was on duty during my transplant gave me a bag of goodies (candy etc.) for my new birthday present. The staff is definitely top notch!!!