View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 6, 2014, 02:09 PM

I can imagine you are very tired at this point. What jumps out at me is your low weight and low vitamin D status. Nutritional deficiencies as well as insufficiencies need to be further explored and corrected. Your health profile is very complicated and I wonder if you have doctor that can work with you on nutrition. Vitamin D, iron, copper, zinc and the B vitamins are critical in blood production. The low sodium can also be a result of an imbalance in electrolytes.

There's quite a bit you can do on your own also. It takes time and can be overwhelming especially when you are so exhausted.

You may want to start with your current doctor and address the issues you are having. Sometimes they overlook stuff because they focus on only one aspect of health so you need to advocate for yourself. If they cannot help you, ask them if they know of anyone they can suggest. Quality of life is important and they should help you with that too.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.