View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 24, 2016, 01:00 PM

The results for that specific vitamin D test is good. So no worries on that front.

The key nutrients to check for blood disorders are Iron, Copper, zinc, Vit d, B12, folate and B6.

Since you're taking Vitamin D, are you also taking K2? K2 helps the calcium get to where it needs to be.

Magnesium can help the muscle cramps and sleep. A warm bath with epsom salts before bed can be helpful.

Sometimes it's helpful to look back at what was going on that can impact your health before you got ill. Any medications? Major stressors? Other illnesses? etc. You might get some insight from this exercise.

When you visit your doctor, lots of times it's helpful to go in with just your top three issues/concerns. I usually tell them I have X number of concerns I want to discuss that way you help set the expectation for the discussion. If you have a laundry list of items, then it seems nothing really gets addressed.
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.