View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 28, 2010, 03:58 PM

Hi SP,
Apologies for not getting back on the site sooner!

I now have had 6 sessions of Aza since September 2009 with the final one in a week or so. I have a BM biopsy soon so will know if blast cels have dropped enough for transplant a month after the biopsy. After 3 months of Aza my blast cells dropped from 14% to 9% so I am hoping for a drop to 4% after 6 months!
I have seen a gradual deterioration of my counts over time. Platelets are taking longer to recover and Neutrophils frequently take a dive now.

Blood test on Fri 26 March 2010 was Neutros 0.2, WBC 0.9, Hb 10.2 and Plates 19.

I have had platelet transfusions and injected myself with GCSF to stimulate Neutro and WBC production which are only temporary improvements.
I did't like injectons but the need to inject yourself makes you really focus on what is important and necessary - I am ok now and even happier at getting the Aza injects.
Regarding the weight issue I went down to 8t 3lbs before seeing hospital nutricianist who put me on Nutricia Fortsip, 'a high energy, nuritionally complete drink' and I am now back up to 8st 5lbs. Not a lot better but it stopped going down!
Nick
Sorry did not enter my details when registering: M 57, UK, Diagnosed December 2008.

Last edited by Nick : Mon Mar 29, 2010 at 03:14 AM. Reason: wanted to change a few facts