Thread: Aranesp
View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 6, 2007, 07:45 PM

exercize

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for your encouraging words. I wish my job would/could allow me to work at home. Still, I'm going to return to the classroom in 2 weeks and see how things go. If I can't handle it, I will go on sick leave and apply for disability. That will help my health and also allow me to spend more time with my granddaughter. As far as exercize goes, I listen to my body. My doc has not put any restrictions on me as yet. I do know that I have to take it so much easier - no more races for me, I'm afraid. I still run off and on, but I find myself slowing down to walk a bit during each of my runs. I also take a day or two off between workouts if my body tells me to. Swimming is really fun for me and it is a lot easier on my body than running, so I am swimming more. My doc has told me it's important to keep as active as I can, but, again, to listen to how my body responds. Like you said in your post, we have to take it a day, hour, or even a moment at a time, but each one we have is priceless. I hope all is well with you and please keep in touch.
kathy
Kathy, 47, diagnosed with MDS IPSS Intermediate Risk, Refractory Anemia and Thrombocytopenia both secondary to MDS. 8/06-treatments include 14 shots Vidaza monthly, aeranesp, neulasta when needed also have polycystic kidney disease