View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 30, 2013, 11:09 PM

Yes, but were you diagnosed with MDS last time? It makes a big difference if they think you can become septic easily.

I wouldn't even consider myself a healthcare professional. I worked in pseudo nursing fields like pathology (assisting doctors with their research by inserting IVs, taking blood tests, giving drug injections etc). I was rarely even totally aware what the research was about. For instance the doctor would consent the patient then give me my instructions. Sometimes it would involve things like inserting an IV, injecting a drug, then collecting blood every hour for the next 24 hours (yes, 24 hours and only me......tiring!) later on in my career it was more data collection and input into already assembled software. That was a lot easier if just a tad boring. I was so far removed from ward nursing it wasn't funny. Last time I did ward work they didn't have automatic BP machines or digital thermometers etc.

When I got sick I had to learn a lot and it was hard because the doctors would see on my chart that I was a Registered Nurse and expect me to know what they were talking about.

I know a lot more now but there is still so much more to learn.

Chirley
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion