View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 5, 2010, 06:23 AM

AA/ Hypo-plastic MDS?? ATG + BMT

Hello, my names Emma im 22 and was diagnosed with Severe Aplastic Anemia in Dec 08 during my first pregnancy. Thankfully my son was born in May 09 perfectly fine Since his birth I have had more tests and biopsies and have now been told I have Hypo-Plastic MDS, I do not know much about this and would love to meet somebody who could tell me a little and about there experiences. I had rabbit ATG treatment in Nov 09 but have seen no response from that. Am now being reviewed for a second dose,, have you had ATG or know anbody who has? I have heard peoples stories of having horse ATG, do you know if there is any difference between the 2 and if it is more succesful?

Consultants are currently looking for a Bone Marrow match for a transplant, this really scares me, if you have had a BMT i would love to hear from yo and your success stories!! How long did you have to stay in hospital for?? Did you lose your hair?? Was the transplant a horribl experience and make you very poorly??

Thankyou for any help and support and best wishes to all of you other patients with similar problems. This website has made me very aware that there are many people in the same posiion out there... I had no idea!