View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 31, 2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrellypoo View Post
Hi Starz, and welcome!

It's nice to see another Londoner, and one at King's, too!! I had my transplant there almost exactly a year ago, and a RIC MUD, too! The nurses, doctors, and support staff at the DMU (and Davidson) are just utterly FANTASTIC. I cannot say enough good things about them. And the facilities there are really nice, too, with the new lcd tv/dvds and the nice wifi. The only bad thing was the food, but that wasn't the poor food service workers' fault (they were really nice).

If he's having problems with nausea, please, please speak to the nurses about it. They've seen everything, and have a solution for absolutely everything. They always told me to "never suffer in silence". I'd be wary of bringing anything in from outside without consulting with them first. Besides any interactions, everything you bring in could potentially have germs on it, too. My mom even opened up my post for me so I wouldn't touch the envelopes!
Hi There , My name is Paul and i am new to this site.
I have been reading your profile and your bone marrow transplant experience.
I am due to have a transplant 21 years after being diagnosed. I am due to go to Kings in London , i was refered there from Barts Hospital . I do have a choice of hospitals Barts or Kings, but after reading your experience i think i have made up my mind to go to Kings. Any advise you could give me would be great!!! I must admit im very anxious .. Take Care . Paul