View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 8, 2011, 10:24 AM

My bone marrow biopsy came back and the doctor said it looks like I have Aplastic Anemia, My immune system is attacking my t-cells when my bone marrow is trying to produce red blood cells. My Whites & Platlets I'm still producing but there not like what a healthy adult would be producing. Probably because they are being attacked also, The next step is he wants me to try the Horse ATG again and be put on Cyclosporine If I dont respond in 4 months then around November, & December he wants to try something elese. I did try the Horse ATG a long time ago when i was 13. It did work on me for about 2 1/2 months My red blood counts were staying up to were I didnt need a transfusion then after that they dropped & I started getting transfusions again Only because I was young and I didn't take my medication *Cyclosporine* Like i was suppose to but now I'm deffinatly going to be taking my medication because I really want this to work!! lol!
When I was first diagnosed the doctor did put me on Prednisone which is a immune suppresent, That didnt do anything for me except made me hungry all the time and fat!! I hated that medication!
25 yrs old, Diagnosed with Pure Red Cell Aplasia in January 1999 At age 13, Monthly blood transfusions of Red blood cells Every 4 weeks, Takes Exjade 1750 MG. Started Horse ATG 6/20/11; Taking Cyclosporine 200MG twice a Day!