View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 28, 2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailie View Post
I appreciate the comments. My numbers are interesting and almost textbook at this time (Day +12). "Whites" bottomed out at Day 5 and have increased steadily. "Reds" have maintained at about 3.5. Platelets got down to 10 before bouncing upwards.

I have lost taste for almost every kind of food, so that is difficult. Not much energy now.
You are about where I was at day12. About that time I had enough energy to walk a mile and a half, not nearly as much as pre transplant. Eating and taste were problems for about a month. I lost 18 pounds to less than I weighed in high school. They are not concerned. Barring relapse or GVHD the worst is behind you.

I am at day 55. They are pleased with my progress my numbers improving but are not consistently in range. They are talking about letting me go home at day 80. Energy level very slowly improving with ups and downs. Some of the energy drinks taste better than others so try a different ones to find one you can drink. Exercise is important. I do some every day.

Ray