View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 29, 2019, 08:14 PM

needing help

I hope I am entering the information in the correct place.

I responded to the ATG surgery after nine months. There was no known cause for my illness. I was diagnosed in 2012. My hemoglobin was a 12 (highest ever) recently and my platelets were 90. I am concerned about the risk of cancer from these meds so I asked the doctor if I could wean from 100 mg to 50 mg. He said that I could and asked me to come in for CBCs within two weeks. I am now on 50mg. I read that you should only wean by 25 mg every three months and that a slow wean prevents relapse. I was originally on 250 mg. I do not remember when but the doctor started to wean me off slowly awhile back. What do you think? I was also wondering if we could be in touch via email. I also have skype (which does not require video calls if you are uncomfortable) but is a way to chat over the computer. It would be assuring to speak to someone who has survived this. I survived but not fully and now I fear getting my blood drawn tomorrow. I also do not mind if you call me and can give you my phone number via email. I can be reached at jennifersag@yahoo.com