Thread: Countdown!
View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 30, 2009, 09:54 PM

Hi Beth,

I just got back from the hospital after about eight hours of tests and I will tell you it is GOOD to be home!

Let's see if I can try to answer your questions... The dilanpin (anti-seizure med) is given daily during chemo and that's all I know. I have appts. at COH next week and will be sure to ask what might cause a seizure, as I have no history of anything like that. The breathing tests that I took a few days ago are to check my lung function because I had pneumonia back in October. (results show my lungs are excellent, very good news.) Today was grueling. I had routine X-rays this morning, followed by a MUGA scan which checked the condition of my heart. They give you an injection, have you sit for 20 minutes, give another injection, and then you lay down and this machine takes images of your heart for 18 minutes. Then I had to do another CAT scan, which took 3 hours because they have you drink that nasty fluid, wait an hour, drink more, wait another hour, insert your IV, then scan you.

Next week I have 24 hour urine collection, then a lot of bloodwork. The reason for all the testing is to make sure my body is in good enough shape to take the rigors of transplant.

I will have a laptop with me at COH and will give you updates anytime you wish!