Thread: Countdown!
View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 4, 2009, 08:49 PM

Just returned from a long day at City of Hope. My transplant has been set back one week to February 16th, reason being I managed to catch a cold and that could pose a problem, so better to err on the side of caution.

So, one more follow-up Wed. Feb. 11th, start DILANTIN Fri. Feb. 13th (ewww!) Admission Mon. 16th, then Busulfan for 5 days, followed by Cytoxan for 2 days, then Tuesday, 2/24 start Tacrolimus, (immunosuppressant.) Wednesday, Feb.25th, the big day "0"

My blood type will change from A+ to O+! Kind of cool really. By the way Beth, I did ask Dr. about anti-siezure medication. Siezures are a side-effect of Busulfan and meds are given to all patients to prevent this. It was decided not to do radiation, I forgot to ask why... I will save that question for next Wednesday. (or just leave well enough alone) COH is a first class operation and I feel very lucky to be having my transplant done there and as an added bonus it is close to home. I am ready and actually looking forward to going in and putting this all behind me. Thanks everyone for your help and support!