View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 22, 2009, 07:46 AM

That is usually true, you need to follow the money. Dr. Blaylock sells no products but is on the board of Life Extension Foundation. Don't know if he's compensated for that. But he never sells product nor does he push using Life Extension that I'm aware of. So I feel he's a pretty good source. And remember, pharmaceutical companies are all .com's and are responsible for much of the education of doctors today.

So you really need to evaluate all aspects of health care...orthodox and alternative. Both have their positive aspects but you must have a healthy skepticism when evaluating solutions to your health. There's lots of money to be made on both side. Did you know that the guy who developed the salk vaccine did not make any money on it? Same is true for the doc who invented the kidney dialysis machine. It never crossed their mind to patent it for financial gain. After all, they were doctors because they wanted to help people in need and not to make money off someones misfortune. Times have changed.

So much controversy. There's a balance somewhere and I think we as individuals can find what works best for us. There's not a "one size fits all". We see that everyday in how people respond to the differnet treatments for AA/MDS. It's all so varied.

I'm off my soap box now .
Marlene, wife to John DX w/SAA April 2002, Stable partial remission; Treated with High Dose Cytoxan, Johns Hopkins, June 2002. Final phlebotomy 11/2016. As of July 2021 HGB 12.0, WBC 4.70/ANC 3.85, Plts 110K.