View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 4, 2009, 02:15 PM

H1N1 shot

Thanks Neil, the UCSF people just told me to get both flu shots. I am on the waiting list at my local hematologists.It was suppose to be here this week. I had the regular flu shot a few weeks ago. Does any one know if your donor gives you any immunity? My regular doctor said it wasn't so much my regular counts which are still pretty good but the lowered T cells because they are the ones that decide how the various viruses are attacked. I didn't see my counts last visit because they forgot to give them to me. The time before my lympos were .85 Pretty low! They did lower the immune suppressants from 2-0 to 1.5 and I am only on 10mg prednisone. Hopefully it will be better. Chirley I will let you know how the shot goes! My doctor said that as my immune system grows and is less suppressed that the flu protection will be greater. Last week I saw no rash for days but I am seeing some brown speckles, nothing new or red and it comes and goes. It is strange. Brown is suppose to be healing. Everything is so dependent on getting rid of this rash, otherwise the doses will stay the same! Yesterday I walked around my house twice, walked up to check my propane tank and got on my tread climber (Power off) and did 3 sets of 10 on my manual stair stepper! It's a new record!!! Take care all! Vera
Vera, 56 yo female Dx RAEB II 10-08, 11-12% blasts. Normal chromosomes. Started Vidaza 10-08. . Improved Dx 3-09 MDS RA 2% blasts 8 cycles Vidaza! SCT transplant 7-1-09 at UCSF. Normal bone marrow and MDS free as of 10-09