View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 4, 2009, 07:30 PM

Hello,

Birgitta, here I was thinking we Australians had the highest taxes. I'm sorry you beat us on that score. I pay 30% of my income and 10% Goods and Services tax on just about everything we buy, including telephone service, petrol, the painter to paint the house etc. As well as that there are hidden taxes. State government stamp duty on home loans, (I think), duties and taxes on just lots of things which were supposed to have been abolished when the Goods and Services tax was introduced but years later are still being charged.

As well as that we have a medicare levy on our gross income to help fund the medical system but unless we have private health insurance as well we are charged an even higher levy. On top of that we have local government fees which go to provide local services such as garbage collection, sewerage etc.

I think I'm one of the few people who don't mind paying tax. I think that I am blessed to live in a country that is lucky enough to have all the services and welfare/social services that we do have.

Vera, I'm interested to know about your lymphocytes. My T cells are low but it's my B cells that are almost non existent. The haematologist told me that the lymphocyte problem can lead to leukaemia, lymphoma and similar diseases. My total lymphocyte count is usually between 0.2 and 0.4, I think normal is supposed to start at 1.5 and higher.

Today is 32*c and we are expecting thunder storms, I love storms.

Chirley
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion