View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 11, 2019, 09:13 AM

Update

Thank you Hopeful, Meri T, Sally C and Cheryl C for your posts. It is now three weeks since my second cycle of chemo ended. I am still in hospital waiting for my bone marrow to start working again. Everything was going well until a few days ago, when I suddenly developed a very bad fever. It was eventually traced to an infection in my PICC line. After removing the line and pumping me full of antibiotics I am gradually starting to recover.

It was quite a scare. When your immune system is at zero, your body can't fight the infection, so you are entirely dependent upon medication. I am so grateful that I am not allergic to penicillin.

My SCT has been scheduled for 15th February, so I am hoping that my bone marrow will recover soon, so that I can have a couple of weeks at home before then.

I will keep you updated.
David, Age 60, diagnosed with MDS August 2018. Low Hb and platelets, weekly transfusions. No genetic mutations. Developed into AML with FLT3 mutation while waiting for a SCT. Allogenic SCT - MUD in Feb 2019. Relapsed June 2019. Azacitidine, Venetoclax and DLI.