View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 29, 2010, 02:13 AM

Vegan diet

Have any of you tried to be vegan to help yourselves? I just read "The China Study" and it suggests that if you eat a vegan diet, you can conquer any autoimmune disease, including cancer. I wonder if any of you are doing that, and if its helped? I pretty much cut out dairy in January, and have been trying to be vegan at home, but I wasn't raised that way and its hard! Any suggestions or recipes to share?
Thank you Marlene for all your suggestions, I copied your message and will keep it for my shopping list. I'm already taking Juice Plus supplements (berry blend has reseveratrol), Omega 3 with D3, and also started some Standard Process supplements (organic, but I couldn't find research on it) my accupuncturist is wanting me to try. I've been on Juice Plus for almost 2 years, and it is helping my immune system stay strong and giving me energy to work full time, but it isn't enough. I have just gone to day shift, so hopefully the fact that I'll be sleeping at night will help my immune system even more...they say that's when your human growth hormone is secreted (between 9-5am), so maybe my body can start to heal itself.
Rachel, thanks for the natural product link. I already take Juice Plus www.helpyourselfwithjuiceplus.com, use some Melaleuca home cleaning products, and use non-toxic skin products www.avaandersonnontoxic.com/lindarobicheaux. There's a website I found on ava anderson called www.ewg.org that lists products people use that cause cancer, so you might want to check it out and see if your using any...Time for bed, please keep me posted on things that work for you guys! Ya'll are the best!! Hugs, Linda
Linda, 47 yo, married, mother of a teen, moderate AA w/ TERC mutation (2007 NIH), Pulmonary Fibrosis 2010, was on Danazol study (Aug 2011-2013 & restarted 9/14/15), last transfusion May 2011. On Promacta now. Needing a double lung and stem cell transplant.