View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 22, 2014, 12:33 AM

Hi Ballie -

My husband did have squamous cells cut out of his skin twice earlier in 2013. He was already diagnosed with MDS then. In his situation the squamous cell carcenoma was found again in an enlarged lymph node, which was removed and biopsied. the biopsy showed its presence, but not in the lymph system. The results indicated it had originated in some somewhere else in his body. We did PET Scans and CT scans and the "origin" was not found. In his last PET scan there was another lymph node that was barely enlarged and still too small to biopsy, which was the deciding factors for the transplant team, as we understand it. Basically we have to know where it is and get rid of it. Thus our mystery.

Am thinking before you have a SCT your entire medical history will be taken, if it has not been already. Whether squamous on the skin alone is a factor I do not know. If it hasn't come up you will have to decide whether to bring it up or not with your doctors. Sorry I can't help more.

Good luck with your SCT.....Keep me posted...Peachy
Husband 69 dx MDS/RARS 4/2012,Arenasp 2013; dx RAEB-1 5% Blasts - transfusions, Vidaza - BMB 12/2013 35% blasts - dx AML M6b (Pure Erythroleukemia) - Induction/Consolidate complete Aug 2014 - BMB 5%; Not accepted for BMT ; New BMB 18% Blasts with dropping whites and platelets avg HGB 9