View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 14, 2017, 02:07 PM

Vidaza helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej View Post
Just a note to say hello as a new member. My mother was diagnosed about a year ago with MDS. So our mission and goal like many others here is to find out as much as we can in order to fight this disorder and condition. It is not very easy to read between the lines with what medical information is available. It is almost as if you should have a degree in medicine to even know what you are reading. Current doctor is wanting to have her start on the Vidaza, however not sure that is the right decision. She has been on procrit and that has seemed to help white, red cell count. Any feed back on the Vidaza or similar drug therapy would be appreciated. Thanks....Steve
Steve: My doctor had me go on Vidaza prior to a SCT to lower my percentage of blasts because, according to her, this promotes better outcomes. After 4 rounds, my blasts did indeed reduce to below 5% and I went forward with the transplant. The hardest thing about Vidaza for me was my skin reaction at the site of injections-- very painful. But you can ask for IV injections instead. Best of luck. Rebecca K